Objectives. The general objective of DECI is to build evaluation capacity in ICTD projects among select IDRC-PAN project partners through action-research. DECI has five specific objectives:
1. Capacity development of ICT researchers: to provide technical assistance to researchers toward improving their evaluation knowledge and skills. Researchers will receive training and mentoring in UFE and particular method(s) that respond to their evaluation questions.
2. To introduce regional evaluation consultants to concepts and practices of UFE through engagement in mentoring evaluations of ICTD projects.
3. UFE Workshop curriculum: To develop a UFE workshop curriculum and test it across different ICTD project settings.
4. UFE Evaluations: To contribute towards the completion of UFE evaluations of PAN projects [dependent on project calendars that coincide with the DECI one].
5. To develop an approach to M&E capacity development with possible uses in other regions or thematic areas.